*Disclosure: Tickets were provided to me for editorial consideration by BITE-CON (Black Technology Conference). However, all opinions are 100% my own*
I recently had the pleasure of attending BITE-CON 2022 and let me just say, upon arrival I had no idea what to expect. However, five minutes in the first speaker had my attention, and by the end, I walked away feeling motivated, extremely inspired and to be honest schooled in the best way possible.
Keep reading to learn more about the conference…
Black Technology Conference
This two-day conference was founded by Craig Skilling, the Director of Innovation, Technology and Entertainment (eSports)/associate professor at FMU, and Temante Leary, Instructional Designer/Content Program Manager at Microsoft and hosted at FMU.
More than 30 panelists spoke on topics that included:
- Web 3.0
- The digital divide and more
Unfortunately, I was only able to attend Day 2, but I walked away with tons of knowledge, and would love to have the opportunity to attend both days next go around.
What BITE-CON Stands For?
The Black Innovation Technology & Entertainment Conference (BITE-CON) is the first of its kind. Produced by Everlast Productions – BITE’s inaugural event series will tether students, professionals and the curious to the bridge between Industry 4.0 and how it will dictate the navigation between our cyber and physical worlds.
The main goals of BITE-CON:
- Educate students and attendees on the latest and greatest so no one is getting “left behind” (NFTs, Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, Entertainment, Startups, E-Sports, Smart Cities/SDGs, New technologies)
- Provide workforce and career development for students, connecting students to employers and job/internship opportunities
- Create the 1st ever E-Sports Scholarship/fund for student(s) at an HBCU campus
- Networking and connecting with other Black entrepreneurs, founders, investors and community/corporate leaders.
- Access to employers, investors, founders, decision makers, leaders
- Live Entertainment
Who should attend?
- Anyone interested in a STEM/entertainment career
- If you are looking to learn more about trending and innovative technology
- Residents and/or students
- Community organizations
- Local businesses/government
The Black Innovative Technology Entertainment Conference is the REAL DEAL. The event was informative and refreshing! The expert panelist dropped so many gems that I have actually gotten more serious about areas of my business where I admittedly had been slacking. FYI…TikTok, being one of those areas, which I learned is extremely important to the business of any influencer.
This Year’s Location:
- Florida Memorial University,
- 15800 Northwest 42nd Avenue, Miami Gardens, Miami Gardens, Florida – 33054
To learn more about BITE-Con, visit the website.
Have A Happy, Healthy, and Remember to Always…