*Disclosure: The 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV GT S-AWC was provided to me for testing purposes and editorial consideration. All opinions are 100% my own*
It’s hard to believe that just last week, I was off-roading in the Glamis Sand Dunes.
Mitsubishi Motors invited me to California to cover this years Rebelle Rally and boy was it epic. During my time there, I had the opportunity to participate in a few off-road challenges and take a navigation course, taught by rally competitors/U.S. Army combat veterans Rachael Ridenour and Kristie Levy.
It’s no secret that attending this event has been on my bucket list for about three years. However, I had no idea that I would be attending while history was being made. This year, Mitsubishi and Record the Journey (Rachael Ridenour and Kristie Levy) was the first team ever to participate in the 10-day, 2,000 km event in a plug-in hybrid vehicle.
TRJ drove a modified 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, and took third in the X-CROSS class, which is pretty dope, if I do say so myself.
Media was also provided with modified Outlander PHEV’s to experience off-roading in the Dunes.
This crossover is not only stylish and efficient, it is also adventurous, fun and has proven to be very resilient. I am still impressed by how well it handled during our off-roading adventures.
Checkout the 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV involved in mild off-roading below.
View this post on Instagram
#Mitsubishisquad kicking up dust! We roll deep! #mitsubishioutlander #kickinupdust (volume up) . . #RebelleRally2020 #RebelleRally #offroadlife #SmallBatchBigImpact #DriveYourAmbition #sassydrives #MitsubishiMotors #sassyautochicks #OutlanderPHEV #phev #befearlesslyyou #adventress #mitsubishioutlander #Advancefleet #AdvanceAutoParts #offroadlife #offroadtrip
What we love about the 2020 Outlander PHEV GT S-AWC
- Comfortable and Roomy Cabin
- Ample Cargo Space
- Stylish and Versatile
- Handles Well On and Off Road
- Adaptive Cruise Control
- Power Sunroof
- Blind Spot Warning and Lane Change Assist
- Multi-View Camera
- Comes Equipped with Charging Cable Storage Bag
- Mitsubishi Power Sound System
- Tows up 1,500 lbs (Note: Towing does affects gas mileage)
- 5-Star Rating From NHTSA
Things to know
- There is no 3rd row seating available
- Does not come with a spare tire
The 2020 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV comes in two trim levels: SEL S-AWC and GT S-AWC
SEL S-AWC (Twin Motor Super All-Wheel Control)
- Starting MSRP: $36,295.00
- Factory Packages: Standard
GT S-AWC (Twin Motor Super All-Wheel Control) – (Vehicle Tested)
- Starting MSRP: $41,695.00
- Factory Packages: Standard and GT Premium Interior
Specs for Both Models
- Engine: 2.0L MIVEC DOHC 4-cylinder
- Drivetrain: 4WD
- Driving Range:
- Total Range: 310
- 74 mpg-e combined city/highway in hybrid operation
- 25 mpg in gasoline-only, 22 miles (Combined)
- Fuel Type: Regular Unleaded
- The PHEV System: This system automatically switches between three drive modes: EV, Series Hybrid and Parallel Hybrid Modes.
- Federal tax credit: The Outlander PHEV currently qualifies for a $5,836 Federal tax credit, and may qualify for state and local credits, depending on where you live.
- DC Fast Charging Station:
- Has the ability to reach up to 80% capacity in about 25 minutes.
- Level Two Public Station:
- Ability to reach full power in less than four hours.
- At Home Charging:
- When plugged into a standard 120V outlet, the battery will charge in less than 8 hours.
- With a professionally-installed 240V charging station, the battery can reach full capacity in half the time.
- 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty
- 5-year/60,000-mile basic warranty
- 7-year/100,000-mile anti-corrosion/perforation warranty
- 5 years/unlimited miles of roadside assistance
What are your thoughts regarding off-roading in the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV? Inquiring minds would love to know.
Have a Happy Healthy, and Remember to Always…Stay Sassy!