*Disclosure: The 2022 Nissan Frontier was provided to me for testing purposes and editorial consideration. All opinions are 100% my own*
A few weeks ago, I headed to Fredericksburg Texas to explore Big Hill Country in the all new 2022 Nissan Frontier, and let’s just say it was pretty epic.
During my time there, I saw a very memorable sunrise, experienced ranch life, made tamales, drank Tequila, hiked a few trails, met a really cool Barista, explored a state park, that has now been crossed off my bucket list and so much more.
Keep reading to check out these things in further detail and to learn why a weekend trip to Fredericksburg Texas would be extremely interesting and insanely cool…
Weekend Trip to Fredericksburg Texas
1. Graceland Grocery Austin Tx
Before heading to Fredericksburg, we stopped at a convenience store/grocery store/coffee shop called Graceland Grocery, located in Austin, Tx. Here I chatted with a pretty awesome Barista, while eating breakfast tacos and drinking a very delicious latte. Once done, a few of my media colleagues and myself headed to the Contigo Ranch to continue our Texas adventure.
- Address: 8600 US-290, Austin, TX 78736
- Phone: (512) 301-8552
- Open daily from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m.
2. Contigo Ranch Fredericksburg Texas
Looking for a fantastic place to stay while on a weekend trip to Fredericksburg Texas? Well, the Contigo Ranch would be an awesome choice. As soon as I arrived, I couldn’t help but immerse myself in everything this gorgeous ranch had to offer, such as nature, wildlife and their beautiful lodging.
Keep reading to check out the ranch amenities and more…
The property includes:
- Five restored historic cabins
- 10 modern cottages
- A horse barn for events
- 6,000 square-foot event hall and patio
- A very cool fit pit
Things to do on the Ranch:
- Trap Shooting
- Wildlife Watching
- Please reference their ranch map to find the trailheads
- Wear a sturdy pair of shoes
I loved seeing all of the deer roaming around on the ranch grounds. It reminded me of home (Michigan). We used to get so excited when they would gather today and hang out in our backyard.
At any given time, you may see one or more of the wildlife listed below:
- Axis Deer
- Birds of all kinds (some live here but many are migratory and stopping off for a visit)
- Cottontail Rabbit
- Feral Hog
- Red Fox
- Jack Rabbit
- Red Squirrel
- Rio Grande Turkey
- Whitetail Deer
Note: You will also see livestock, such as Watusi Cattle at Contigo Ranch Fredericksburg Texas. This ranch prefers this breed, because of their hardy grazing capabilities and easy-going temperament.
Fun Fact: Contigo means with you in Spanish.
Contigo Ranch Fredericksburg Texas – Cottage Tour
3. The Barn – Tequila and Tamales
Although I rarely partake in libations, I couldn’t turn down a chance to hang out in a refurbished horse barn while experiencing Tequila and home-made tamales.
The intimate setting along the barn’s wooden floors, antique beams, low lighting and amazing friends made the evening perfect.
4. The Bluff
When visiting Contigo Ranch Fredericksburg Texas, if it is not already on there, add watching the sunrise on The Bluff on your to do list. Now I have to say that when the alarm clock started yelling at me before dawn on the day all this was happening my first thought was “I’ll sit this one out!” Hehe!
However, I am glad I didn’t because it was definitely a once in a lifetime experience, and a perfect ending to a magnificent trip.
What is the The Bluff? It is several acres of lawn overlooking the green and very lush Hill Country (Click HERE for sunrise/sunset times).
Sidebar: I would recommend visiting this ranch if you are looking to get away with the girls or enjoy a romantic weekend with bae. It would definitely work for either.
Location Information (Contigo Ranch Fredericksburg Texas):
- Address: 13454 Lower Crabapple Road, Fredericksburg, TX, 78624
- Phone: (830) 685-3464
5. Pedernales Falls State Park
The captivating and very beautiful Pedernales Falls State Park made it on my bucket list a few years back. So, when I learned that we would be visiting the location I was overjoyed and let me tell you it did not disappoint. It is even more magnificent than I could have imagined, and I am looking forward to visiting again.
Things to do at Pedernales Falls State Park:
- Mountain biking
- A treasure hunting game where you use a GPS to hide and seek containers with other participants.
- Bird watching
- Horse riding
Things to know before visiting:
- Wear appropriate shoes. I love my Doc Martens, but I will definitely be leaving them at home next visit. LMBO!
- Due to the park’s popularity, reservations for entry are highly recommended for both day use and camping. You can easily reserve passes online for guaranteed entry.
- Pay close attention to any signs instructing its visitors on things permitted and not permitted…Example: “No swimming” etc. etc.
- Take advantage of the trail map to plan your hikes.
- If you are planning on taking multiple trips to different Texas state parks throughout the year, consider investing in a Texas State Park Pass. This pass is good for one year and includes unlimited free entry to 89 state parks for both you and your guests.
- Address: 2585 Park Rd 6026, Johnson City, TX 78636
- Phone: (231) 326-5134
- Opens daily from 8 A.M. – 10 P.M.
- 12 Years and Under – Free
- 13 years and older – $6.00
- School-Sponsored Group (Call the park at (830) 868-7304 to make arrangements.)
- Texas State Park Passes – $70.00
- Purchase a pass online
- Visit any Texas State Park
- Call (512) 389-8900
- Texas Parkland Passports – Free
- 50% off entry for residents age 65+
- 50% off entry for permanently disabled individuals
- 100% off entry for anyone born before Sep. 1, 1930
- 100% off entry for disabled veterans
- Restrictions apply
Weekend trip to Fredericksburg Texas – Pedernales Falls State Park
2022 Nissan Frontier
Yall already know I am all about a sexy pickup truck, and the all-new 2022 Nissan Frontier definitely falls into that category. It was the perfect truck to explore good ole Fredericksburg TX.
I was impressed by the ruggedness/durability of this mid-size third-gen pickup, and that it was super easy to handle and drives like a sedan. Another thing that caught my attention was the Fender premium sound system. Yep, as usual, if I am not streaming, I keep SiriusXM on Channel 47 and let me tell you the bass was knocking. I felt like I had time-warped back to my teen years/a house party when “Hit Me Off” by New Edition started to play.
Additionally, the black-on-black interior and the ease of getting in and out of the truck, even without the side steps was also impressive.
Check out a few key specs/features:
The 2022 Nissan Frontier trims: S, SV, Pro-X, and Pro-4X…
- Base: S, $28,140; SV, $30,840; PRO-X, $34,370; PRO-4X, $37,370 (Price Tested)
- 3.8-liter Direct Injection Gasoline (DIG) DOHC 24-valve V6 engine
- 9-speed automatic transmission
EPA Fuel Economy:
- Combined/City/Highway: 19–20/17–18/22–24 mpg
- 5-passenger, 4-door pickup
- NissanConnect 9” color touch-screen display
- Extend your range w/Frontier Wi-Fi Hotspot
- Nissan Apple CarPlay
- Nissan Connect Android Auto
- Fender Premium Audio System
- Driver Assist & Safety Technology
- Turn-by-turn navigation
- Nissan Zero Gravity seats (front)
- Remote Start System with Intelligent Climate Control
- Nissan Intelligent key with remote engine start system
- Wireless charging
- Faster-charging USB-A and USB-C
- Available 120-volt outlet in the center console
- Frontier smartphone integration
- import your music, messaging, and mapping for a personalized experience
- 2022 Nissan Frontier towing capacity max out at 6720 lbs.
Weekend trip to Fredericksburg Texas – Rolling through Big Hill Country in the 2022 Nissan Frontier
The redesigned 2022 Nissan Frontier is rugged, fun to drive, easy to handle, filled with the latest safety technology and is very equipped to tackle radical terrain in Big Hill Country. I had a blast experiencing Texas in this third-generation mid-size pickup.
Have you ever experienced a weekend trip to Fredericksburg Texas? If so, what did you do while exploring? Additionally, what are your thoughts on this mid-size pickup truck? Inquiring minds would love to know.
To find your local Nissan dealership, visit their website.
Have A Happy Healthy and Remember to Always…Stay Sassy!